R/010/3/0080 (A9287) 10/18
This programme prepares students for undergraduate degree studies in Engineering or Computing.
1 years (3 semesters)
January, April & July
SPM (Science stream): Minimum 5 credits (inclusive of English)
UEC: Minimum 4Bs (inclusive of English)
GCE O Level (Science stream): Minimum 5 credits (inclusive of English)
Engineering/Science Pathway: Additional credits required in Mathematics and Physics
Computer Science/Software Engineering Pathway: Additional credit required in Additional Mathematics
Information Technology/Information Systems Pathway: Additional credit required in Mathematics
* For SPM students, a pass in Malay Language and History is required.
• Analytical Mathematics
• Communication and Study Skills
• Computer Technology
• Personal and Professional Development
• Advance Office Software
• Calculus Mathematics
• Mechanics ** / #
• Instrumentation and Measurements **
• Fundamental Electrical and Electronic Engineering **
• Software Design Techniques***
• Web Design***
• Structured Programming ***
• Fundamentals in Chemistry #
• Physical Chemistry #
• Engineering Mathematics ** / #
• Applied Physics ** / #
• Materials Science **
• Group Project
• Database ***
• Object-Oriented Programming***
• Systems Analysis and Design***
• Organic and Inorganic Chemistry #
** Students who wish to specialise in Engineering are required to take these elective modules.
*** Students who wish to specialise in Computing are required to take these elective modules.
# Students who wish to specialise in Science are required to take these elective modules.